17 Jul 2018, Edition - 1099, Tuesday
- In last 4 years, they have done nothing for minorities and Muslims, says AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi
- Lokpal Appointment Case: Meeting of Selection committee headed by PM, CJI, Leader of opposition and others fixed for 19 July
- Chennai cops arrest 17 suspects after minor was gangraped and tortured for 7 months
- More Cops confirm lynching of 32-year old construction worker from Kolkata in Kollam, Kerala
- SFI activist attacked in Kerala as CPM alleges PFI behind the attack
- Mobocracy cannot take over; nobody should take law in their hands: Supreme Court on lynching incidents
- Court puts onus on state governments, says ‘Draft new laws on lynching’
- Cops arrest 8 MNS workers after they dug up the road outside the Mantralaya
- 23 people have been injured after a lava bomb or a flying chunk of molten rock, punctured the boat’s roof in Hawaii
- As per the Lok Sabha Secretariat, Mahajan will brief the party leaders about the smooth functioning of the session
Jayendra Saraswati’s ‘maha samadhi’ performed
Covai Post Network
March 1, 2018
Chennai: Jayendra Saraswati, the pontiff of Sankara Mutt in Kanchipuram, was this morning given `maha samadhi’ on the mutt premises.
‘Brindavanam’, his final resting place, was built near that his predecessor Chandrashekara Saraswati.
The rituals were performed by his successor Vijayendra Saraswati, the 70th pontiff of the Sankara Mutt and elevated as head on Wednesday, immediately after the death of Jayendra Saraswati.
Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit and Union Minister Pon.Radhakrishnan were among those present when the final rituals were performed.
Jayendra Sarawasti suffered breathelessness on Wednesday morning and was taken to a private hospital in Kanchipuram where he breathed his last.