16 Aug 2018, Edition - 1129, Thursday
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- PM Modi speaks with CM Vijayan; 82 tourists stranded inside a bus in Munnar
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh has arrived at AIIMS
Natarajan surrenders before CBI court
Covai Post Network
January 11, 2018
Chennai: Expelled AIADMK leader VK Sasikala’s husband M Natarajan today surrendered before a CBI court here in connection with duty evasion case regarding import of a luxury car from the UK.
Madras High Court on November 17 upheld a trial court order sentencing Natarajan, along with three others – his nephew V Bhaskaran, Yogesh Balakrishnan and Sujaritha Sundararajan in the 23-year-old duty evasion case.
Last month, the Supreme Court granted Natarajan bail and asked him to deposit Rs 25 lakh each in its registry. He had not appeared in the past hearings citing health reasons.
Natarajan underwent combined liver and kidney transplantation and is said to have recovered CBI and the Enforcement directorate had registered separate cases against Natarajan and the three others after it was found that the documents presented by them were fabricated.