22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
NHRC notice to States on health of traffic police
Covai Post Network
January 29, 2018
Chennai: The National Human Rights Commission has taken cognizance of a complaint raising the issue of right to health of traffic police personnel, across the country.
The high air pollution was causing reduced life expectancy among them as the vehicular pollution affected their respiratory and reproductive system.
Most of the State Governments were not providing any extra allowances or health facilities to traffic police personnel, was the charge.
The Commission issued a notice to the Union Home Secretary and Chief Secretaries of all States and UTs seeking detailed response in eight weeks.
The commission said it would be constrained to invoke coercive process of the Protection of Human Rights Act in case the reply was not given on time.