24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Two killed in accidents involving private buses
Covai Post Network
December 13, 2017
Two people were killed on the spot in two different accidents involving private buses in the city on Tuesday.
According to police, Velusamy (60), a resident of Valayanthottam in Pasur, suffered head injuries when his motorbike was hit by a private bus near Pasur bus stop. Velusamy, who was not wearing a helmet, died on the spot. Annur police registered a case of rash driving against the driver, Karuppusamy, under Sections 279 and 304 (A) of IPC.
In the second accident, a 23-year-old MBA student Manoj Kumar, was killed on the spot when his motorcycle was hit by a private bus near Kumaran Kottam. Manoj was also not wearing a helmet. Sulur police registered a case against the driver Sathyaseelan and are investigating.