19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Two killed in accidents involving private buses
Covai Post Network
December 13, 2017
Two people were killed on the spot in two different accidents involving private buses in the city on Tuesday.
According to police, Velusamy (60), a resident of Valayanthottam in Pasur, suffered head injuries when his motorbike was hit by a private bus near Pasur bus stop. Velusamy, who was not wearing a helmet, died on the spot. Annur police registered a case of rash driving against the driver, Karuppusamy, under Sections 279 and 304 (A) of IPC.
In the second accident, a 23-year-old MBA student Manoj Kumar, was killed on the spot when his motorcycle was hit by a private bus near Kumaran Kottam. Manoj was also not wearing a helmet. Sulur police registered a case against the driver Sathyaseelan and are investigating.