15 Aug 2018, Edition - 1128, Wednesday
- Minister of State for Home unfurls the tricolour at Manali
- Twitter suspends far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones from its platform for one week
- 2016 National Teacher of the Year Jahana Hayes could be Connecticut’s first black Democrat in Congress
- J&K police files FIR against patriots for attempting to unfurl Tricolour
- Rifleman Aurangzeb to be honoured
- Major Aditya and rifleman Aurangzeb are likely to be honoured with the prestigious Shaurya Chakra gallantry award
- England cricketer Ben Stokes cleared of assault charges
- Major Aditya likely to get Shaurya Chakra
- Coal Scam Case: Naveen Jindal and others summoned by the court on 15th Nov
- Mega online heist by hackers in Pune, cyber attack on cosmos bank in Pune, hackers siphon off Rs 94 cr from bank
Two killed in accidents involving private buses
Covai Post Network
December 13, 2017
Two people were killed on the spot in two different accidents involving private buses in the city on Tuesday.
According to police, Velusamy (60), a resident of Valayanthottam in Pasur, suffered head injuries when his motorbike was hit by a private bus near Pasur bus stop. Velusamy, who was not wearing a helmet, died on the spot. Annur police registered a case of rash driving against the driver, Karuppusamy, under Sections 279 and 304 (A) of IPC.
In the second accident, a 23-year-old MBA student Manoj Kumar, was killed on the spot when his motorcycle was hit by a private bus near Kumaran Kottam. Manoj was also not wearing a helmet. Sulur police registered a case against the driver Sathyaseelan and are investigating.