23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Two killed in accidents involving private buses
Covai Post Network
December 13, 2017
Two people were killed on the spot in two different accidents involving private buses in the city on Tuesday.
According to police, Velusamy (60), a resident of Valayanthottam in Pasur, suffered head injuries when his motorbike was hit by a private bus near Pasur bus stop. Velusamy, who was not wearing a helmet, died on the spot. Annur police registered a case of rash driving against the driver, Karuppusamy, under Sections 279 and 304 (A) of IPC.
In the second accident, a 23-year-old MBA student Manoj Kumar, was killed on the spot when his motorcycle was hit by a private bus near Kumaran Kottam. Manoj was also not wearing a helmet. Sulur police registered a case against the driver Sathyaseelan and are investigating.