23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Two youths die in motorcycle-lorry collision
Covai Post Network
December 10, 2017
Two youths were killed, when a speeding brick-laden lorry hit their motor cycle on Mettupalayam Road in the city early today.
According to police, Yasser Arafat (19) and his friend Vellingiri (20) were going to latter’s house in Velandipalayam to take bath and get ready as his sister was getting married this noon.
As the motorcycle driven by Yasser reached Bharathipark area, a speeding lorry came from opposite direction and collided head-on with the vehicle.
Both youths were thrown out on the road and died on the spot. Two friends, who were following the deceased informed police, who rushed
to the area and registered a case against the lorry driver Chinnakaruppan.
Further investigations are on, they said.