September 16, 2017
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of terror offences in connection with Friday’s attack on a London Tube.
The man was detained in the port area of Dover on Saturday by Kent Police and is being held at a local station.
Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said the arrest was “significant”, but the terror threat level remains at “critical”.
Thirty people were injured after the explosion on a train at Parsons Green.
Most people were treated for minor injuries and have been released, the London Ambulance Service said, adding that three people remain in hospital.
Home Secretary Amber Rudd will be chairing a meeting of the government’s Cobra committee at 13:00 BST.
Mr Basu said the force was not changing its “protective security measures”, adding that steps were still being taken to free up extra armed officers.
He added: “This arrest will lead to more activity from our officers.
“For strong investigative reasons we will not give any more details on the man we arrested at this stage.”
The Met said it had spoken to 45 witnesses so far and received 77 images and videos from the public, but urged people to get in touch with any information and to upload footage to www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk.