19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
13-yr-old school dropout ends life, friend in hospital
Covai Post Network
December 8, 2017
A 13-year-old boy killed himself by consuming an insecticide for killing ants. His friend who also consumed the chalk form insecticide is being treated at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.
Siva, son of Elumalai of Periyakuyili, took the extreme step as his parents scolded him, sources said.
Siva was a school dropout after his Grade VII and his parents are said to have scolded him for not being obedient. He, along with friend Dinesh (15), a Grade X student of Idayarpalayam Government Higher Secondary School, decided to end his life. One of his friends alerted Siva’s parents and the two jumped into a 400-ft deep unused open well.
Siva’s relative found the body and Dinesh in a critical condition. He was rushed to CMCH.
Police registered a case and are probing the matter.