23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
13-yr-old school dropout ends life, friend in hospital
Covai Post Network
December 8, 2017
A 13-year-old boy killed himself by consuming an insecticide for killing ants. His friend who also consumed the chalk form insecticide is being treated at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.
Siva, son of Elumalai of Periyakuyili, took the extreme step as his parents scolded him, sources said.
Siva was a school dropout after his Grade VII and his parents are said to have scolded him for not being obedient. He, along with friend Dinesh (15), a Grade X student of Idayarpalayam Government Higher Secondary School, decided to end his life. One of his friends alerted Siva’s parents and the two jumped into a 400-ft deep unused open well.
Siva’s relative found the body and Dinesh in a critical condition. He was rushed to CMCH.
Police registered a case and are probing the matter.