17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
13-yr-old school dropout ends life, friend in hospital
Covai Post Network
December 8, 2017
A 13-year-old boy killed himself by consuming an insecticide for killing ants. His friend who also consumed the chalk form insecticide is being treated at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.
Siva, son of Elumalai of Periyakuyili, took the extreme step as his parents scolded him, sources said.
Siva was a school dropout after his Grade VII and his parents are said to have scolded him for not being obedient. He, along with friend Dinesh (15), a Grade X student of Idayarpalayam Government Higher Secondary School, decided to end his life. One of his friends alerted Siva’s parents and the two jumped into a 400-ft deep unused open well.
Siva’s relative found the body and Dinesh in a critical condition. He was rushed to CMCH.
Police registered a case and are probing the matter.