23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
17-year-old boy commits suicide after `teacher harassment’
Covai Post Network
November 28, 2017
A Plus II student committed suicide by hanging in his house near Karumathampatti on the outskirts last night, and parents said ‘harassment’ by a teacher led him to this extreme step.Arunselvam (17) was said to be upset over the reported ‘harassment’ by a teacher Sangeeta, since he was said to be not studying properly and also did not trim his hair, according to police.
Arunselvam is said to have informed his father, who in turn had met the headmistress and lodged a complaint against the teacher, they said.But the teacher reportedly abused him yesterday too. A dejected Arunselvam, alone at home, committed suicide by hanging from a sari tied to the ceiling, police added. The parents who had gone out were shocked to find see their son hanging. Neighbours helped the shocked parents lodge a complaint at the Karumathampatti police station.
A case under IPC 306 for abetting suicide has been registered against the teacher and investigation is on, police said. The education department is also looking into the matter.The body has been kept in Coimbatore Medical College Hospital for post mortem.