- Download mobile app
24 Jan 2018, Edition - 925, Wednesday
- HeenaGambhir tells you about the increasing rise in fuel prices and its impact on the common man
- Government can’t object to anybody unfurling the Indian flag, says BJP Leader Subramanian Swamy
- RSS is free to hoist the tricolor in its office, says D. Raja, CPI LeftHijacksTirangaa
- Senior citizen being dragged out of District Magistrate’s office in Sitapur Distict of UP
- PM is not the only one responsible for the GDP growth, says Salman Khurshid, Congress
- Politicians react to the fringe’s protest against Padmaavat #PadmaavatTest
- Sensex hits 36,162.62 level as Nifty is at 11.069.35 mark
- Newly appointed CEC OP Rawat on #OneIndiaOnePoll
- The directive was nothing more than a political vendetta, says V. Muraleedharan, BJP
- Politicians react to Shiv Sena’s decision to go solo for the 2019 elections
27 sovereigns snatched from two women in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
January 12, 2018
In two different incidents yesterday, 27 sovereigns of gold chains were snatched from two women.
According to police, Bhuvaneshwari S (61) from Vadavalli and professor in a private college in Sai Baba Colony here was returning to the college after finishing few purchases near the college 11:15 am when two unidentified persons came in a bike in the opposite direction and snatched the 12-sovereign gold thali chain worth Rs.1,20,000 from. Sai Baba Colony police registered a case and are investigating.
In a similar incident at Tatabad here around the same time, Rejitha E (38) who lives in Dr. Radhakrishna road was on her way to a fashion designing class when two persons came in a bike and snatched a gold chain and gold thali chain, totally worth 15 sovereigns. Rathinapuri police registered a case.