24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
3 killed in car-lorry collision in Tirupur
Covai Post Network
December 27, 2017
Three persons, including a woman, were killed and five injured when their car collided with a cotton-laden lorry near Vellakoil in Tirupur district. Poor visibility due to early morning mist was said to be the reason for the mishap, which left two persons, including a 57-year old woman, dead on the spot at Olapalayam on Kangeyam-Vellakoil Road. The third person died on the way to a private hospital, police said.
Five others in the car who sustained injuries were undergoing treatment in the private hospital, they said.
The car was coming to the city from Needamangalam in Tiruvarur district. Under the impact of the collision, the diesel tank of the lorry caught fire and spread to the cotton. Rescue personnel managed to put out which prevented further damage,. The bodies of two were removed from the mangled car with help of an excavator, police added.