19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
3 killed in car-lorry collision in Tirupur
Covai Post Network
December 27, 2017
Three persons, including a woman, were killed and five injured when their car collided with a cotton-laden lorry near Vellakoil in Tirupur district. Poor visibility due to early morning mist was said to be the reason for the mishap, which left two persons, including a 57-year old woman, dead on the spot at Olapalayam on Kangeyam-Vellakoil Road. The third person died on the way to a private hospital, police said.
Five others in the car who sustained injuries were undergoing treatment in the private hospital, they said.
The car was coming to the city from Needamangalam in Tiruvarur district. Under the impact of the collision, the diesel tank of the lorry caught fire and spread to the cotton. Rescue personnel managed to put out which prevented further damage,. The bodies of two were removed from the mangled car with help of an excavator, police added.