19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
3-month-old leopard cub rescued in Valparai
Covai Post Network
March 9, 2018
Coimbatore : A three-month old leopard cub, in search of its mother in the estate areas of Valparai, was rescued by forest officials and was in their custody.
Based on information given by some estate workers about the movement of the cub, officials managed to catch it last evening and took it to forest wildlife management and rescue centre.
The department was keeping vigil, following reports about the movement of a leopard with three cubs and eating a cow recently in the area. The cub will be kept in a cage where the leopard was last seen so as to track its movement officials said, adding that necessary steps would be taken to prevent the animal coming to human habitat.
Separately, a three-year-old deer which strayed into the human habitat in and around Maruthamalai on the city outskirts for the last three days, was released into the jungle late last night, they added.