15 Aug 2018, Edition - 1128, Wednesday
- Minister of State for Home unfurls the tricolour at Manali
- Twitter suspends far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones from its platform for one week
- 2016 National Teacher of the Year Jahana Hayes could be Connecticut’s first black Democrat in Congress
- J&K police files FIR against patriots for attempting to unfurl Tricolour
- Rifleman Aurangzeb to be honoured
- Major Aditya and rifleman Aurangzeb are likely to be honoured with the prestigious Shaurya Chakra gallantry award
- England cricketer Ben Stokes cleared of assault charges
- Major Aditya likely to get Shaurya Chakra
- Coal Scam Case: Naveen Jindal and others summoned by the court on 15th Nov
- Mega online heist by hackers in Pune, cyber attack on cosmos bank in Pune, hackers siphon off Rs 94 cr from bank
A sweet Ganesha
Covai Post Network
September 1, 2016
Unnal Mudiyum Thambi Raja aka UMT Raja is known for his innovative and unique works. Within few days after carving Olympic medalist P.V. Sindhu’s name in small piece of silver, he has come out with Ganesha idols made of coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari.
This city-based goldsmith can make any ordinary occasion extra ordinary. “These Ganesha idols that I have made in just three days using coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari are my way of thanking Him for all the blessing He has bestowed upon me. They are eco-friendly. When immersed in water, they will serve as food for the fish and other aquatic animals,” he says.
He plans of gift his latest creation to his near and dear ones on Ganesh Chaturthi this year.