23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
A sweet Ganesha
Covai Post Network
September 1, 2016
Unnal Mudiyum Thambi Raja aka UMT Raja is known for his innovative and unique works. Within few days after carving Olympic medalist P.V. Sindhu’s name in small piece of silver, he has come out with Ganesha idols made of coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari.
This city-based goldsmith can make any ordinary occasion extra ordinary. “These Ganesha idols that I have made in just three days using coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari are my way of thanking Him for all the blessing He has bestowed upon me. They are eco-friendly. When immersed in water, they will serve as food for the fish and other aquatic animals,” he says.
He plans of gift his latest creation to his near and dear ones on Ganesh Chaturthi this year.