25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
A sweet Ganesha
Covai Post Network
September 1, 2016
Unnal Mudiyum Thambi Raja aka UMT Raja is known for his innovative and unique works. Within few days after carving Olympic medalist P.V. Sindhu’s name in small piece of silver, he has come out with Ganesha idols made of coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari.
This city-based goldsmith can make any ordinary occasion extra ordinary. “These Ganesha idols that I have made in just three days using coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari are my way of thanking Him for all the blessing He has bestowed upon me. They are eco-friendly. When immersed in water, they will serve as food for the fish and other aquatic animals,” he says.
He plans of gift his latest creation to his near and dear ones on Ganesh Chaturthi this year.