21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
A sweet Ganesha
Covai Post Network
September 1, 2016
Unnal Mudiyum Thambi Raja aka UMT Raja is known for his innovative and unique works. Within few days after carving Olympic medalist P.V. Sindhu’s name in small piece of silver, he has come out with Ganesha idols made of coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari.
This city-based goldsmith can make any ordinary occasion extra ordinary. “These Ganesha idols that I have made in just three days using coconut, jaggery, nuts, turmeric and kesari are my way of thanking Him for all the blessing He has bestowed upon me. They are eco-friendly. When immersed in water, they will serve as food for the fish and other aquatic animals,” he says.
He plans of gift his latest creation to his near and dear ones on Ganesh Chaturthi this year.