23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Basic computer training program for prison wardens held
Covai Post Network
February 8, 2018
COIMBATORE: Centre for Extension Activities in Karunya University and Computer Technology Centre, on Thursday jointly organised a one-day hands-on training programme on the basics of computer to the newly recruited Tamil Nadu Central Prison wardens.
The basics included S-Word, Excel and Power Point presentation, a varsity release said.
Around 186 persons participated and benefitted by this training, which had also orientation classes on software, in a bid to enable them to use computers for acquiring knowledge.
Vice-Chancellor Dr. P. Mannar Jawahar presided over the function in the presence of Deputy Jailer Gangatharan.