23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Bid to burn H. Raja effigy: VCK cadres held
Covai Post Network
December 15, 2017
A few activists of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi were arrested here on Friday for attempting to burn the effigy of BJP national Secretary H. Raja, for speaking ill of the VCK President, Thol. Thirumavalavan.
The activists raised slogans against Raja and sought an apology from him for “unnecessarily dragging the party leader and making personal remarks”. As they started to burn the effigy, police foiled the attempt. Police arrested 15 VCK workers.