19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Bid to burn H. Raja effigy: VCK cadres held
Covai Post Network
December 15, 2017
A few activists of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi were arrested here on Friday for attempting to burn the effigy of BJP national Secretary H. Raja, for speaking ill of the VCK President, Thol. Thirumavalavan.
The activists raised slogans against Raja and sought an apology from him for “unnecessarily dragging the party leader and making personal remarks”. As they started to burn the effigy, police foiled the attempt. Police arrested 15 VCK workers.