23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
- Sec 144 imposed in and around Tuticorin till May 25th
- Shops were shut and 5000 policemen were deployed in Tuticorin after 11 people died while protesting against the Sterlite Plant
Bio-bags launched in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
March 5, 2018
Coimbatore : As part of the initiative to make the city plastic-free, the City Corporation today launched bio-bags.
These environmentally-friendly biodegradable bags would now be available in all the shops in the city and public should use them to make the city plastic-free, Corporation Commissioner VIjayakarthikeyan said at the launch here.
The corporation had been taking steps in this regard since 2016, when it allowed use of plastic bags below 40 micronaire only and banned others, he said.Consumers were requested to ask for these bags at shops.