23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Black flag protest against Governor Purohit’s Salem visit
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
Opposition parties led by the DMK today protested against the visit of Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit to review the progress of government works. Activists staged a black flag demonstration in front of the Salem District Collectorate.
Purohit is scheduled to attend and review three programmes under Swatch Bharath Mission in and round Salem.
Activists of DMK, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal and CPI staged the demonstration claiming that the review was against the State autonomy and against the Constitution, police said. Tight security was put up in and around the Collectorate in view of the demonstration.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr