24 Sep 2018, Edition - 1168, Monday
- Govt rejects JPC demand, 10-point justification issued, ‘CAG, CVC looking into matter’
- Flood threat looms over Punjab, CM Amarinder Singh holds high-level meet; schools, colleges shut tomorrow
- Crucial meet on SC/ST act at 4pm today
- J&K: 1 jawan martyred in Tangdhar encounter
- The Bishop was arrested after three days of interrogation on Friday
- EPS-OPS govt invites DMK President MK Stalin, Kanimozhi and TTV Dinakaran for MGR centenary celebrations on 30th Sep
- Kerala Nun Rape Case: Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s bail plea rejected as judicial custody has been extended till October 6th
- Commander Abhilash Tomy rescued
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi visits his LS Constituency Amethi
- 15-year old boy lynched in Tamil Nadu for alleged theft
Black flag protest against Governor Purohit’s Salem visit
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
Opposition parties led by the DMK today protested against the visit of Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit to review the progress of government works. Activists staged a black flag demonstration in front of the Salem District Collectorate.
Purohit is scheduled to attend and review three programmes under Swatch Bharath Mission in and round Salem.
Activists of DMK, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal and CPI staged the demonstration claiming that the review was against the State autonomy and against the Constitution, police said. Tight security was put up in and around the Collectorate in view of the demonstration.