25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Black flag protest against Governor Purohit’s Salem visit
Covai Post Network
December 18, 2017
Opposition parties led by the DMK today protested against the visit of Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit to review the progress of government works. Activists staged a black flag demonstration in front of the Salem District Collectorate.
Purohit is scheduled to attend and review three programmes under Swatch Bharath Mission in and round Salem.
Activists of DMK, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal and CPI staged the demonstration claiming that the review was against the State autonomy and against the Constitution, police said. Tight security was put up in and around the Collectorate in view of the demonstration.