19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Blast in Aruvangadu ordnance factory, one hurt
Covai Post Network
March 1, 2018
Ooty : A worker suffered serious injures, following an explosion in the Ordnance Factory in Aruvangadu, near here, today.
The explosion occurred in the tafflon plant inside the Government-owned factory,resulting in a 15-ft deep crate and injury to a casual labourer Suresh, police said.
Security was tightened in and around the factory, with three ambulances going inside, anticipating injuries to some more persons, they said.Suresh was sent to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital for treatment, even as investigations were on to ascertain the reason for the blast, they said.