22 May 2018, Edition - 1043, Tuesday
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Blast in Aruvangadu ordnance factory, one hurt
Covai Post Network
March 1, 2018
Ooty : A worker suffered serious injures, following an explosion in the Ordnance Factory in Aruvangadu, near here, today.
The explosion occurred in the tafflon plant inside the Government-owned factory,resulting in a 15-ft deep crate and injury to a casual labourer Suresh, police said.
Security was tightened in and around the factory, with three ambulances going inside, anticipating injuries to some more persons, they said.Suresh was sent to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital for treatment, even as investigations were on to ascertain the reason for the blast, they said.