17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Blast in Aruvangadu ordnance factory, one hurt
Covai Post Network
March 1, 2018
Ooty : A worker suffered serious injures, following an explosion in the Ordnance Factory in Aruvangadu, near here, today.
The explosion occurred in the tafflon plant inside the Government-owned factory,resulting in a 15-ft deep crate and injury to a casual labourer Suresh, police said.
Security was tightened in and around the factory, with three ambulances going inside, anticipating injuries to some more persons, they said.Suresh was sent to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital for treatment, even as investigations were on to ascertain the reason for the blast, they said.