23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Bosch India Foundation to install biogas plant at Vellamadai panchayat
Covai Post Network
December 15, 2017
Bosch India Foundation would install a biogas plant in Vellamadai panchayat soon. The gas produced from the plant would be utilised to cook mid-day meals in Vellamadai Government Higher Secondary School.
The Foundation, that has been operating in Coimbatore from 2016, has adopted Kondaiyampalayam and Vellamadai panchayats to bring in developments in those areas in the fields of education, health, water and environment and economy.
The foundation on Friday initiated ‘Clean and Green Village’ at Sarkarsamakulam block in Vellamadai panchayat. It distributed two dustbins each to every house in the village – one for bio degradable and another for other wastes.
Block Development Officer of Sarkarsamakulam Sivagami and Head, RBEI/EVE Purushothaman, Deputy BDO Sarkarsamakulam Magudapathy and several others were present.