15 Aug 2018, Edition - 1128, Wednesday
- Minister of State for Home unfurls the tricolour at Manali
- Twitter suspends far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones from its platform for one week
- 2016 National Teacher of the Year Jahana Hayes could be Connecticut’s first black Democrat in Congress
- J&K police files FIR against patriots for attempting to unfurl Tricolour
- Rifleman Aurangzeb to be honoured
- Major Aditya and rifleman Aurangzeb are likely to be honoured with the prestigious Shaurya Chakra gallantry award
- England cricketer Ben Stokes cleared of assault charges
- Major Aditya likely to get Shaurya Chakra
- Coal Scam Case: Naveen Jindal and others summoned by the court on 15th Nov
- Mega online heist by hackers in Pune, cyber attack on cosmos bank in Pune, hackers siphon off Rs 94 cr from bank
Case filed against Jyothika for using abusive language in movie
Covai Post Network
November 24, 2017
A car driver on Friday field a case against actor Jyothika in the Mettupalayam Judicial Magistrate court near here for reportedly using abusive words denigrating women in a movie.
In his complaint, Rajan, the driver, said the teaser of the film Nachiyar, directed by Bala, in which Jyothika, acting as a police official, was using abusive language against a culprit, which was totally denigrating women and hurting their sentiments. “This has appeared in various social media,” he said.
Using such language was punishable under Sections 294 (B) of IPC (uttering obscene words) and 67 of IT Act ( publishing obscene material in electronic form), Rajan said in his petition, filed through his lawyer Rahamuttulah.