19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Case filed against Jyothika for using abusive language in movie
Covai Post Network
November 24, 2017
A car driver on Friday field a case against actor Jyothika in the Mettupalayam Judicial Magistrate court near here for reportedly using abusive words denigrating women in a movie.
In his complaint, Rajan, the driver, said the teaser of the film Nachiyar, directed by Bala, in which Jyothika, acting as a police official, was using abusive language against a culprit, which was totally denigrating women and hurting their sentiments. “This has appeared in various social media,” he said.
Using such language was punishable under Sections 294 (B) of IPC (uttering obscene words) and 67 of IT Act ( publishing obscene material in electronic form), Rajan said in his petition, filed through his lawyer Rahamuttulah.