24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
- Mudarai HC stays expansion of Sterlite copper smelter plan
- US President Donald Trump warned that his landmark summit with Kim Jong Un may not take place as planned
Case filed against Jyothika for using abusive language in movie
Covai Post Network
November 24, 2017
A car driver on Friday field a case against actor Jyothika in the Mettupalayam Judicial Magistrate court near here for reportedly using abusive words denigrating women in a movie.
In his complaint, Rajan, the driver, said the teaser of the film Nachiyar, directed by Bala, in which Jyothika, acting as a police official, was using abusive language against a culprit, which was totally denigrating women and hurting their sentiments. “This has appeared in various social media,” he said.
Using such language was punishable under Sections 294 (B) of IPC (uttering obscene words) and 67 of IT Act ( publishing obscene material in electronic form), Rajan said in his petition, filed through his lawyer Rahamuttulah.