19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
Chess: Selection trials on March 4
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
COIMBATORE: The trials to select the District team to represent Tamil Nadu State Chess Championship will be held on March 4 here.
The selection tournament is organised jointly by Dr. N. Mahalingam Chess Academy and Coimbatore District Chess Association at Kumaraguru College of Technology.
There are different categories – Under 9, U-13, U-17 and open category for both boys and girls, a academy release said on Friday.
Top four players from open category and top 2 players from both boys and girls in the other categories will be representing Coimbatore in State Chess Championship scheduled in May 2018, it said.