23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Conservancy workers stage dharna seeking hike in wages
Covai Post Network
November 27, 2017
Sanitary workers working under contract in the City Corporation on Monday staged a sit-in dharna on the corporation premises demanding fulfillment of their demand for an increase in their wages..
Nearly 70 workers affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Conservancy Workers Union said that the demand for increase in the wages has been pending for long.
“During one such agitation a few days ago, the district administration and Corporation officials assured to look into the issue and give us a pay hike from Rs. 302 to Rs. 350 a day. Our demand is a reasonable one,” they said.
Later, they submitted a memorandum to Deputy Commission of the Corporation P. Gandhimathi.