23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
DMK, PWF release candidate list for city corporation council
Covai Post Network
September 30, 2016
The four-party alliance People’s Welfare Front (PWF) today announced the list of candidates contesting for the 100 ward Coimbatore City Corporation council.
Accordingly, CPI(M) will contest from 32 wards, CPI 30, MDMK 25 and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal 13 seats.
The list was released by senior district leaders and party secretaries.
Meanwhile, the DMK also released its candidate list for the corporation from Chennai this evening. DMK will contest from 82 wards, nine renominated, alliance partners Congress 17 and Manithaneya Makkal Katchi (MMK) one seat.
The ruling AIADMK has already released the list a couple of days back.