19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- J&K minister opposes anti-encroachment drive; J&K minister pelts stones during demolition drive
- All opportunities being diverted to Gujarat. Nothing is given for Maharashtra by the central govt, says MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches a direct hotline to the state CM’s office
- MNS workers vandalise shops, assault cabs in Vasai area, near Mumbai.
- After nothing was allocated in the Finance bill, I decided that TDP is not going to be in alliance with the NDA govt: AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
- Lok Sabha adjourned for the second time in two hours. Will be adjourned till Tuesday.
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee’s name plate vandalised in Presidency University, Kolkata
- Supreme Court asks Centre to visit Rohingya refugee camps after lawyer filed PIL alleging human rights violations at the camps.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh says there is nothing to fear if non-confidence motion is moved against the government.
- Morally, BJP govt has failed in fulfilling the promises made to the state of AP, says Congress party’s Renuka Chowdhury
DMK, PWF release candidate list for city corporation council
Covai Post Network
September 30, 2016
The four-party alliance People’s Welfare Front (PWF) today announced the list of candidates contesting for the 100 ward Coimbatore City Corporation council.
Accordingly, CPI(M) will contest from 32 wards, CPI 30, MDMK 25 and Viduthalai Chiruthaigal 13 seats.
The list was released by senior district leaders and party secretaries.
Meanwhile, the DMK also released its candidate list for the corporation from Chennai this evening. DMK will contest from 82 wards, nine renominated, alliance partners Congress 17 and Manithaneya Makkal Katchi (MMK) one seat.
The ruling AIADMK has already released the list a couple of days back.