24 May 2018, Edition - 1045, Thursday
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
- 6 women officers of the Indian Navy, who successfully circumnavigated the globe on INSV Tarini met PM Modi
- Case has been filed against Kamal Haasan and Vaiko for violating Section 144
- Indian Air Force Cheetah helicopter crash-lands in Natha Top in Jammu and Kashmir
- NHRC takes cognizance of Tuticorin violence, issues notice to Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary and DGP
- The Madras High Court directed Vedanta to stop the construction of the second unit of Sterlite copper smelter plant
- Tamil Nadu government forms judicial commission to probe Tuticorin violence
- J&K: Grenade attack in Bijbehara as 7 civilians were injured
- MHA has sought a report from Tamil Nadu Government on the violence in Tuticorin
Doctor held for sexual torture of nursing student in Coimbatore
Covai Post Network
February 8, 2018
Coimbatore: A doctor in a private hospital in the city was today arrested for alleged ‘sexual torture’ of a nursing student there.
According to police, the student lodged a complaint against 47-year-old Ravindran of a private hospital in Singanallur that he had sexually tortured her.
Ravindran was arrested today and produced before the Mahila Court and remanded in custody for 15 days and lodged in the Central jail here.