23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Elderly woman escapes with 5-sovereign chain from jewellery in Pollachi
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
An elderly woman, posing as a customer at a jewellery shop here yesterday, escaped with a 5-sovereign gold chain.
According to police, an elderly woman, aged above 50 years, visited Sri Kumaran Jewellers at SS Kovil Street in Pollachi and asked the jeweller to show her gold chains weighing 7 sovereigns. But, the jeweller showed her a chain weighing only 5 sovereigns. The elderly woman cleverly took it left the store. The shop owner later realised that the chain was missing and identified the woman based on cctv footages.
Pollachi Town police registered a case and were on the hunt.