25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Elderly woman escapes with 5-sovereign chain from jewellery in Pollachi
Covai Post Network
February 9, 2018
An elderly woman, posing as a customer at a jewellery shop here yesterday, escaped with a 5-sovereign gold chain.
According to police, an elderly woman, aged above 50 years, visited Sri Kumaran Jewellers at SS Kovil Street in Pollachi and asked the jeweller to show her gold chains weighing 7 sovereigns. But, the jeweller showed her a chain weighing only 5 sovereigns. The elderly woman cleverly took it left the store. The shop owner later realised that the chain was missing and identified the woman based on cctv footages.
Pollachi Town police registered a case and were on the hunt.