22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Ex-employees of TNSTC stage protest for pension dues
Covai Post Network
November 21, 2017
Retired employees of Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation staged a statewide protest today, demanding pension dues among other things. The protesters were arrested and removed by the police.
In Coimbatore, the protests were held near the new bus stand on Mettupalayam Road. Thousands of retired employees staged protests. They wanted the State Government to settle immediately the Rs 1,350 crore due as pension and gratuity, as per an agreement made in September. The protesters also requested that they be included in old the pension scheme and the new one be scrapped.
The former employees wanted pension payment on the first of the month.
Police arrested and removed 990 protesters of which 200 were women.