23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Farmer trampled to death near Kothagiri
Covai Post Network
February 28, 2018
Image credit : Illustrative Image
UDHAGAMANDALAM: A 43-year old farmer was trampled to death by an elephant near Kothagiri on Wednesday.
According to police, Mahalingam was returning home with his buffaloes around 5.30 p.m. when a herd of elephants came in a front of him at Kovakarai.
Though Mahalingam tried to run to safety, an elephant caught hold of him and trampled him on the head, killing him instantly. Some estate workers, who noticed the incident informed police and forest department officials. The body was recovered and sent to Kothagiri Government Hospital.