22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Five murder accused detained under Goondas Act
Covai Post Network
November 15, 2017
Image credit : Illustrative Image
Five under trials, lodged in central jail here and at Puzhal in Chennai, in connection with a double murder, were detained under Goondas Act on Wednesday.
The five – R. Surya, Vignesh Kumar, C. Surya, Vijayraj and Mohanraj – were arrested in connection with the murder of Selvaraj and Anandakumar in a pubic toilet at Selvapuram in the city on September 22 last.
Believing that there could be law and order problem if the accused were released on bail, City Police Commissioner A. Amalraj issued the orders detaining them under Goondas Act, which were served on them in the respective jails.