22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Four arrested, 53 sovereigns gold recovered
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
COIMBATORE: Four persons, including three women, were arrested on Friday for relieving women of their jewels in crowded places. Police recovered 53 sovereigns of jewellery from them.
According to police, a special team was formed to nab the culprits following complaint from two women that they lost their chains during the car festival of Koniamman temple in the city two days ago.
The team intercepted a car in the morning and on suspicion took the four inmates, including three women, to police station for interrogation. During interrogation, the four – hailing from Yeshwantpur in Bengaluru – said they robbed women of their valuables at crowded places.
Police recovered 53 sovereign of gold ornaments and further investigations are on.