18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Four arrested, 53 sovereigns gold recovered
Covai Post Network
March 2, 2018
COIMBATORE: Four persons, including three women, were arrested on Friday for relieving women of their jewels in crowded places. Police recovered 53 sovereigns of jewellery from them.
According to police, a special team was formed to nab the culprits following complaint from two women that they lost their chains during the car festival of Koniamman temple in the city two days ago.
The team intercepted a car in the morning and on suspicion took the four inmates, including three women, to police station for interrogation. During interrogation, the four – hailing from Yeshwantpur in Bengaluru – said they robbed women of their valuables at crowded places.
Police recovered 53 sovereign of gold ornaments and further investigations are on.