23 Sep 2018, Edition - 1167, Sunday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Four die in van-truck collision in Tirupur
Covai Post Network
December 19, 2017
Four persons were killed and two sustained serious injuries, when their van collided with a container lorry at Palladam in nearby Tirupur district. The accident occurred around midnight yesterday.
The inmates, working in a knitwear unit, were returning home in VS Nagar on Tirupur-Kangeyam Road after purchasing spareparts for their van when the mishap occurred. Their vechile was totally damaged, police said. The deceased were identified as Karthik and Manickraj (brothers) and their friends Saravanan and Ajmir.
The injured – Mohammed Moideen and Mohammed Hussain – were admitted to a private hospital in Tirupur after being given first aid at Palladam Government Hospital where the bodies were kept for postmortem.