23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Four die in van-truck collision in Tirupur
Covai Post Network
December 19, 2017
Four persons were killed and two sustained serious injuries, when their van collided with a container lorry at Palladam in nearby Tirupur district. The accident occurred around midnight yesterday.
The inmates, working in a knitwear unit, were returning home in VS Nagar on Tirupur-Kangeyam Road after purchasing spareparts for their van when the mishap occurred. Their vechile was totally damaged, police said. The deceased were identified as Karthik and Manickraj (brothers) and their friends Saravanan and Ajmir.
The injured – Mohammed Moideen and Mohammed Hussain – were admitted to a private hospital in Tirupur after being given first aid at Palladam Government Hospital where the bodies were kept for postmortem.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr