23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Four persons drowned in a PAP canal near Pollachi, when their car nosedived into it this morning
Covai Post Network
December 10, 2017
Five persons from Ernakulam in Kerala were returning to their natives from Munnar, when the person driving the car lost control at Kedimedu and plunged into 11-foot deep canal, police said.
One, Karthikeyan, a driver, who was washing his milk van, noticed the mishap and managed to rescue a person, identified as Alba, who was struggling to come out of water.
The car with other inmates drowned in the water, they said.
Fire and Rescue personnel, with assistance of Police managed to retrieve the bodies Jackson, Judin Joy and Amal, while search was on for one Lijo.