17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Garba and Dandia workshop for non-Gujjus
Covai Post Network
August 31, 2015
Covai has been the home for many Gujarati families for decades now and they have blended so well with the city. This season, giving the non-Gujarati’s an opportunity to experience the traditional dance forms; the garba and Dandiya Raas is a reputed dance choreographer, Pallavi Kotecha.
Pallavi has joined hands with Rinki Shah and Footloose dance school to organize their debut garba workshop in the city. The workshop is open to men, women and children. At the 15 day workshop participants will be trained on basic garba by choreographer Pallavi.
“Garba and Dandiya Raas are traditional Gujarati dance forms. This workshop aims at teaching the non Gujarati’s these dance forms,” Pallavi said covaipost.com.
Garba and Dandiya Raas are performed during the nine day Hindu festival of Navaratri. Post this workshop participants will be able to perform these dance forms during Navaratri that is celebrated from October 13 to 22.
The organizers can be contacted for registration, venue and class timings. Call 9940500462 for information.