18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Gold ‘match sticks’ hidden in the handle of knives seized
Covai Post Network
November 26, 2017
The customs officials today seized about 800 grams of gold in the size of match sticks from a passenger from Sharjah at the city airport.
During checking, the officials grew suspicious about the baggage of the passenger, Aftab who travelled by Air Arabia flight, and on a search through scanner found the gold hidden in the handle of five kitchen knives in the size of match sticks, police said.
The 114 sticks in the German made knives weighed 816 grams, they said.
Further interrogations are on with the 37-year old Aftab, hailing from Kannur District in Kerala, they said. The base of the knives were cut open with hacksaw to take out the sticks.