23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Gold ‘match sticks’ hidden in the handle of knives seized
Covai Post Network
November 26, 2017
The customs officials today seized about 800 grams of gold in the size of match sticks from a passenger from Sharjah at the city airport.
During checking, the officials grew suspicious about the baggage of the passenger, Aftab who travelled by Air Arabia flight, and on a search through scanner found the gold hidden in the handle of five kitchen knives in the size of match sticks, police said.
The 114 sticks in the German made knives weighed 816 grams, they said.
Further interrogations are on with the 37-year old Aftab, hailing from Kannur District in Kerala, they said. The base of the knives were cut open with hacksaw to take out the sticks.