17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Gold ‘match sticks’ hidden in the handle of knives seized
Covai Post Network
November 26, 2017
The customs officials today seized about 800 grams of gold in the size of match sticks from a passenger from Sharjah at the city airport.
During checking, the officials grew suspicious about the baggage of the passenger, Aftab who travelled by Air Arabia flight, and on a search through scanner found the gold hidden in the handle of five kitchen knives in the size of match sticks, police said.
The 114 sticks in the German made knives weighed 816 grams, they said.
Further interrogations are on with the 37-year old Aftab, hailing from Kannur District in Kerala, they said. The base of the knives were cut open with hacksaw to take out the sticks.