17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
- Power supply to be suspended in parts of Chennai on August 17
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away at 93
- Jagat Prakash Nadda, Health Minister briefs media, says Atal Bihari Vajpayee still critical
- PM Modi leaves AIIMS, Delhi after visiting critical Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- I have cancelled my work to visit Atal Bihari Vajpayee today, Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM
- PM Modi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
- BJP Chief Amit Shah and Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan reaches AIIMS, PM Modi expected shortly
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi reaches AIIMS as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee continues to remain critical
Governing committee to be formed to run Bharathiar University
Covai Post Network
February 7, 2018
COIMBATORE: In view of the suspension of Bharathiar University Vice-Chancellor A Ganapathy, after he was arrested for allegedly accepting Rs.30 lakh as bribe, a Governing committee is to be formed to oversee the functioning and administration of the varsity.
The Higher Education Secretary is likely to head the committee, in which two members will be nominated, with the nod of Tamil Nadu Governor for which a meeting in convened for tomorrow.
Meanwhile, three officials from Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption carried out investigation in the university and held inquiry with some senior faculty and also Registrar (in-charge) about the incident. The inquiry lasted for nearly 30 minutes, University sources said.