21 Aug 2018, Edition - 1134, Tuesday
- Sri Lalji Tandon has been appointed as the new governor of Bihar
- 3 more people arrested by ATS in Aurangabad in connection to Sachin Andure
- Satya Pal Malik has been appointed as Governor of Jammu & Kashmir
- London Court denies bail to Dawood’s aide Jabir Moti
- Govt sources: 500 crores for Kerala floods is only interim amount
- J&K: Encounter underway in Handwara as 2-3 terrorists are holed up
- Madras HC stays Chennai-Salem Highway project
- SC/ST amendment, which was cleared by parliament, challenged in Supreme Court
- Mandsaur Rape Case: Court pronounces the death sentence to the two accused as trial concludes in less than 2 months
- Chhattisgarh cabinet to rename administrative capital ‘Atal Nagar’ in honor of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Governor cuts short Ooty visit, returns to Chennai
Covai Post Network
May 23, 2018
COIMBATORE: Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit, who was in Nilgiris district, on Wednesday cut short his visit and stay and returned to Chennai, in view of the prevailing situation in Thoothukudi, following police firing and resultant deaths.
Purohit, along with his family, had gone to Udhgamandalam on May 21 to take part in the valedictory of annual flower show the next day.
Considering the situation in Thoothukudi, Purohit cancelled all his programmes and left for Chennai by flight around 7.40 p.m. from here. He was supposed to stay till June 2 and was to take part in various functions.