21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Grade VIII girl jumps to death from fourth floor; friend injured seriously
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
A teenage girl died and another sustained injuries when they jumped from the fourth floor of a building in Salem.
Jayarani and Kavishri were Grade VIII students in a private school in Salem and did not return home yesterday after school hours. The parents had lodged a complaint with Pallapatti police.
Meanwhile, police received information that two girls jumped from the fourth floor of a restaurant at Agrahara 2nd Street this morning and one of them Jayarani died instantaneously. Kavishree, who suffered serious injuries has been admitted to the Government Hospital.
Police are looking into what made the two take this extreme step.