23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Grade VIII girl jumps to death from fourth floor; friend injured seriously
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
A teenage girl died and another sustained injuries when they jumped from the fourth floor of a building in Salem.
Jayarani and Kavishri were Grade VIII students in a private school in Salem and did not return home yesterday after school hours. The parents had lodged a complaint with Pallapatti police.
Meanwhile, police received information that two girls jumped from the fourth floor of a restaurant at Agrahara 2nd Street this morning and one of them Jayarani died instantaneously. Kavishree, who suffered serious injuries has been admitted to the Government Hospital.
Police are looking into what made the two take this extreme step.