25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Grade VIII girl jumps to death from fourth floor; friend injured seriously
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
A teenage girl died and another sustained injuries when they jumped from the fourth floor of a building in Salem.
Jayarani and Kavishri were Grade VIII students in a private school in Salem and did not return home yesterday after school hours. The parents had lodged a complaint with Pallapatti police.
Meanwhile, police received information that two girls jumped from the fourth floor of a restaurant at Agrahara 2nd Street this morning and one of them Jayarani died instantaneously. Kavishree, who suffered serious injuries has been admitted to the Government Hospital.
Police are looking into what made the two take this extreme step.