22 Oct 2018, Edition - 1196, Monday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Hindu outfit chief arrested
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
The Founder-President of a fringe Hindu outfit, who had announced Rs. 1 crore for the head of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi President Thol. Thirumavalavan for his alleged remarks on temples, was arrested in Tirupur on Saturday.
As part of protest against Thirumavalavan for his alleged remarks in Chennai on December 6 that Shiva and Vishnu temples should be demolished to construct Buddha Vihar, Hindu Munnetra Kazhaka President Gopinath has announced Rs. one crore for the VCK leader’s head on Friday.
After registering case against him, Gopinath, a lawyer by profession, was arrested this evening. He was produced before Judicial Magistrate, who remanded him to custody for 15 days. He is being brought to lodge in the Central Jail here, police said.