17 Mar 2018, Edition - 977, Saturday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
Hindu outfit chief arrested
Covai Post Network
December 9, 2017
The Founder-President of a fringe Hindu outfit, who had announced Rs. 1 crore for the head of Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi President Thol. Thirumavalavan for his alleged remarks on temples, was arrested in Tirupur on Saturday.
As part of protest against Thirumavalavan for his alleged remarks in Chennai on December 6 that Shiva and Vishnu temples should be demolished to construct Buddha Vihar, Hindu Munnetra Kazhaka President Gopinath has announced Rs. one crore for the VCK leader’s head on Friday.
After registering case against him, Gopinath, a lawyer by profession, was arrested this evening. He was produced before Judicial Magistrate, who remanded him to custody for 15 days. He is being brought to lodge in the Central Jail here, police said.