25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
Isha Chola Trophy: Kovai Nanjundpuram team emerge winners
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
Kovai Nanjundapuram team emerged winners of Isha Chola Trophy for Volleyball for men by defeating Puducherry Kalitheerthal kuppam 2-1 on Thursday.
Organised by Isha Outreach in collaboration with Cholamandalam Group, the final match was played in front of the 112-foot tall AdiyogI statue.
In the women’s throw ball, Kovai Peelamedu defeated Gobi Murugan Pudhur team. Sadhguru, Founder of Isha Foundation, Sudhir Rao of Cholamandalam Groups and Hindusthani musician Mohit Chowhan were present on the occasion. The trophies were presented by Sadhguru and A. Garg, DIG (Training Wing of BSF).
A total of 320 volley ball and 58 throw ball teams from 700 villages participated in the tournament, with 3,500 men and 600 women representing the villages of 16 districts of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.