23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
Isha Chola Trophy: Kovai Nanjundpuram team emerge winners
Covai Post Network
December 21, 2017
Kovai Nanjundapuram team emerged winners of Isha Chola Trophy for Volleyball for men by defeating Puducherry Kalitheerthal kuppam 2-1 on Thursday.
Organised by Isha Outreach in collaboration with Cholamandalam Group, the final match was played in front of the 112-foot tall AdiyogI statue.
In the women’s throw ball, Kovai Peelamedu defeated Gobi Murugan Pudhur team. Sadhguru, Founder of Isha Foundation, Sudhir Rao of Cholamandalam Groups and Hindusthani musician Mohit Chowhan were present on the occasion. The trophies were presented by Sadhguru and A. Garg, DIG (Training Wing of BSF).
A total of 320 volley ball and 58 throw ball teams from 700 villages participated in the tournament, with 3,500 men and 600 women representing the villages of 16 districts of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr