17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Kindly let us die, elderly couple plead to Collector
Covai Post Network
February 5, 2018
COIMBATORE: An elderly couple from Vilankurichi made a plea to District Collector on Monday for mercy killing.
The couple A. Pazhaniammal (101) and Pazhaniyaamal (70) – both physically challenged – residing at Cheran Ma Nagar, said that their son snatched away the properties from them. “We have been submitting petitions to the Revenue Division Officer since 2014 to cancel the forged documents of the property. But no action has been taken so far. We also submitted petitions to you (T.N. Hariharan) thrice between December 22, 2017 and January 8, 2018. No action has been taken so far,” they said in the petition.
“The property, that was snatched away by our son, was the only source of income for us to meet our daily and medical expenses. We are physically challenged,” the elderly couple said and urged the Collector to initiate steps to cancel the documents registered in their son’s name or allow them to die.