September 21, 2017
Udhagamandalam: A three-year-old female leopard was found electrocuted on Thursday after it came into contact with a snapped live wire in Doddabetta.
As the power house received calls about snapping of HT line and power cut in the area, the linemen rushed to the spot and found the animal entangled in the wire and the body fully charred, police said.
On information senior officials from forest and police departments arrived at the scene and recovered the body and sent for postmortem.
Investigations are on to find out the reason for snapping of the line, since a construction works of big building are in progress nearby, police added.