23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- Reports have emerged that China has transferred a highly-sensitive missile technology to Pakistan
- TDP reaches out to TRS, AIADMK, asks for their help in pushing for no-confidence motion in the Parliament.
- Mallapuram, Kerala: 22 year old stabbed to death by her father on the eve of wedding; family opposed her wedding to the man
- Kerala Professor Jouhar Munavvir booked over his derogatory remarks against women
- Social activist Anna Hazare begins hunger strike in the national capital demanding Lokpal and better solution for farmers’ issues
- Ballia, Uttar Pradesh: 15 year old ends life after police did not act seriously on her complaint about harassment by 5 men.
- Bolt and Dortmund are both sponsored by Puma and the event was hence considered more of a publicity stunt
- CM Naidu speaks to his MPs, tells TDP MPs to ‘keep fighting, don’t stop till A.P gets justice’, TDP keeps up pressure on centre
- Mohammed Shami cleared by BCCI | Cricketer gets clean chit by Anti-corruption unit
- Airtel scored the lowest score at 3.2 Mbps in Kanpur, while the lowest score by Idea Cellular was reported to be 2.6 Mbps in Bhiwani
Less rainfall predicted this year
Covai Post Network
February 27, 2018
Coimbatore : Temperature stood at a maximum of 33.5 degree Celsius on Monday with summer setting in early this year. While the nights in Coimbatore will record anywhere around 20-21 degrees with mostly clear skies, the overall temperature as compared to last year will be 0.5 to 1 percent less, according to Dr S. Panneerselvam, Head of the Department of Meteorology, TNAU.
Predicting a decline of 34 per cent in the north-east monsoon, Dr Panneerselvam said as compared to 2015 where there was no summer as the year witnessed cloudy weather most times with shower ranging to 148 mm that year, 2016 and 2017 recorded high temperature during summer.
” However, 130mm rain is expected in the next three months. Though there is an increasing trend, after the second week of May temperature is expected to decline. The velocity of the wind is expected to go up to 5-8 kmph depending on the place,” he said and added that rainfall this year would be less as compared to the previous year.