22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
Major parties stage demo seeking NEET exemption for TN
Covai Post Network
February 5, 2018
Coimbatore:Around 150 activists of major political parties and organisations staged a demonstration in the city today seeking exemption for Tamil Nadu from NEET examination.
Raising slogans against the BJP-led Government at the Centre, workers of DMK, Congress, CPI, Dravidar Kazhakam (DK) and SDPI under the banner of Federation for Democratic Rights Protection urged the President, to approve the ordinance and Bills with regard to NEET passed in the Tamil Nadu Assembly The agitators also wanted the Centre to withdraw the Bill proposing to set up National Medical Commission, in place of Medical Council of India.
DMK legislator N Karthik, Congress district president Mayura Jayakumar and DK Coimbatore regional secretary M Chandrasekhar led the agitation.