22 Sep 2018, Edition - 1166, Saturday
- Prasad said that the Congress has forgotten Bofors, 2G, and 3G and now he has the audacity of questioning the PM
- Former Bishop Franco Mulakkal’s lawyer did not oppose custody
- ‘Now this fertilizer plant will be symbolic of our success’, says PM Modi
- PM Narendramodi lays foundation stone of Talcher Fertilizer Plant, addresses public meeting
- 3 SPOs killed in Valley, India calls off talks with Pakistan
- India third worst hit in world by terror, after Iraq and Afghanistan: US data
- CBI chief Alok Verma, special director Rakesh Asthana in ugly public spat
- Franco Mulakkal has been discharged from medical college
- Sources suggest that Bishop Franco Mulakkal is likely to be arrested today
- Terrorists abduct, kill three policemen in Kashmir
MDMK youth wing activists arrested
Covai Post Network
March 5, 2018
COIMBATORE: Three youth activists of MDMK were arrested on Monday when squatted on the premises of district collectorate, demanding action against drug peddlers across the district.
Led by their youth wing State Secretary Easwaran, they raised slogans and said that despite submitting petitions to the District Collector and Superintendent of Police, there was no action against such sales.
“Ganja business is at its peak in areas where there are colleges and schools all over the city. Police and district administration are remaining mute spectator, thus creating suspicion among the citizens,” he said.
“Those selling ganja are moving around freely. But those seeking action against them are being arrested,” he added.