25 Jun 2018, Edition - 1077, Monday
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is meeting J&K Governor NN Vohra
- Building collapsed in south Mumbai’s Pydhonie, NDRF teams has been put on alert, security measures are underway
- CBI moves SC against bail granted to Karti Chidambaram in INX media case by the High Court
- After Soz Book controversy, former PM Manmohan Singh to skip the book launch event
- SC agrees to hear plea by Subramanian Swamy to be heard in a PIL relating to ED investigation in the Aircel maxis case
- Engineer Rashid & others detained while they staged protest demanding action against Lal Singh
- Kashmir editors guild likely to take action, will file complaint against Lal Singh
- The Jammu & Kashmir police confirms that terrorists killed Shujaat Bhukari on Pakistan’s order
- Shujaat Bukhari was a marked man as he advocated for dialogue between India and Pakistan
MDMK youth wing activists arrested
Covai Post Network
March 5, 2018
COIMBATORE: Three youth activists of MDMK were arrested on Monday when squatted on the premises of district collectorate, demanding action against drug peddlers across the district.
Led by their youth wing State Secretary Easwaran, they raised slogans and said that despite submitting petitions to the District Collector and Superintendent of Police, there was no action against such sales.
“Ganja business is at its peak in areas where there are colleges and schools all over the city. Police and district administration are remaining mute spectator, thus creating suspicion among the citizens,” he said.
“Those selling ganja are moving around freely. But those seeking action against them are being arrested,” he added.