23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
MDMK youth wing activists arrested
Covai Post Network
March 5, 2018
COIMBATORE: Three youth activists of MDMK were arrested on Monday when squatted on the premises of district collectorate, demanding action against drug peddlers across the district.
Led by their youth wing State Secretary Easwaran, they raised slogans and said that despite submitting petitions to the District Collector and Superintendent of Police, there was no action against such sales.
“Ganja business is at its peak in areas where there are colleges and schools all over the city. Police and district administration are remaining mute spectator, thus creating suspicion among the citizens,” he said.
“Those selling ganja are moving around freely. But those seeking action against them are being arrested,” he added.
Wind : 0.8 km/h
Humidity : 93%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr