21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Mercury dips to -5 degree at Sandinala in Nilgiris, ice on waterbodies
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
Mercury dipped to minus 5 degree Celcius between midnight and early today at Sandinala on the outskirts of the tourist town in the Nilgiris.
The area has recorded minus 3 degrees three days ago in the early hours, forcing people to stay indoors till noon.
The temperature stayed at minus 3 degrees till midnight yesterday and suddenly dipped to minus 5 degrees in the wee hours of Thursday, official sources said. As a result, the majority of waterbodies had a thin layer of ice with stones and paper cups on the surface.