25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Mercury dips to -5 degree at Sandinala in Nilgiris, ice on waterbodies
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
Mercury dipped to minus 5 degree Celcius between midnight and early today at Sandinala on the outskirts of the tourist town in the Nilgiris.
The area has recorded minus 3 degrees three days ago in the early hours, forcing people to stay indoors till noon.
The temperature stayed at minus 3 degrees till midnight yesterday and suddenly dipped to minus 5 degrees in the wee hours of Thursday, official sources said. As a result, the majority of waterbodies had a thin layer of ice with stones and paper cups on the surface.