23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- Delhi Government Sources: Special Team formed to crack down on Chinese crackers
- Timings restricted for festivals, crackers allowed only between 8-10 PM
- SC admits Sabarimala petitions, pleas to be heard on November 13 at 3 PM
- Six women fail to enter Sabarimala temple, shrine shut till November 4
- Priest who was key witness in nun rape case found dead
- Supreme Court to take final call on pleas for banning crackers today
- Valley shuts down in protest, J&K police probe civilian killings
- 46 organisations in Assam have called for a 12-hour statewide bandh today against Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2016
- Paytm founder’s secretary, 2 more held for Rs 20 crore blackmail in Noida
Mercury dips to -5 degree at Sandinala in Nilgiris, ice on waterbodies
Covai Post Network
December 28, 2017
Mercury dipped to minus 5 degree Celcius between midnight and early today at Sandinala on the outskirts of the tourist town in the Nilgiris.
The area has recorded minus 3 degrees three days ago in the early hours, forcing people to stay indoors till noon.
The temperature stayed at minus 3 degrees till midnight yesterday and suddenly dipped to minus 5 degrees in the wee hours of Thursday, official sources said. As a result, the majority of waterbodies had a thin layer of ice with stones and paper cups on the surface.