June 22, 2017
A minor fire broke out in the operation theatre of the accident and trauma care unit in Coimbatore Medical College and Hospital (CCMH) today. However, there were no casualties.
According to R. Soundravel, Resident Medical Officer, the employees while cleaning the operation theatre found smoke from the trauma care unit and alerted the management. “We immediately put it out with extinguisher,” he said. Patients were immediately shifted to other wards.
“It must be due to some electrical problem. We were planning to change the wiring in the entire hospital. Unfortunately this happened before that,” Dr. Soundravel added.
Police and Fire service personnel too rushed to the spot.