19 Mar 2018, Edition - 979, Monday
- The eminent CEO panelists gathered to discuss the growing power of digital economy at the Innovation Summit.
- Bhagalpur clashes: FIR filed | Mantri’s son accused of displaying arms; allegedly took out procession, sans permission
- Kolkata: Mamata-KCR meet ends | We made a good beginning today, says Telangana CM KCR
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has launched a direct hotline to mark the occasion of completion of one year of his government
- Panjim: Massive protest by mining workers, after SC ordered ban on mining activity, mine workers go on a strike
- Vladimir Putin won a landslide victory in Russia’s presidential election, receiving 76.67% of the vote
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia reacts on his & Kejriwal’s apology to Nitin Gadkari & Kapil Sibal
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao meets West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee in Kolkata to discuss Third Front
- Faced with defamation suits, Arvind Kejriwal Delhi CM now apologises to Gadkari
- A day after Pakistan killed 5 innocent Indians, J&K CM pushes for talks with Pakistan
Miscreants break open temple hundi, escape with collection
Covai Post Network
September 30, 2016
Taking advantage of the continuous rains, miscreants broke open the hundi of Sri Karpaga Vinayagar temple at Motilal Nehru Street in Kumbakonam early this morning and escaped with the collection.
The temple priest, Sridhar, left the temple locked last night after performing the poojas.
The owner of a tea shop near the temple, who came to open his shop this morning, found the hundi broken. On being informed, the trustee, Sairam Kumar, rushed to the temple.
Based on his complaint, the Kumbakonam West police have registered a case. A team of police officials inspected the scene of crime earlier.