23 May 2018, Edition - 1044, Wednesday
- Several are feared to be trapped as building in Jodhpur collapsed due to digging work in the Sadarpura area
- NHRC issues notice to Gujarat govt, notice to govt over dalit atrocity, dalit was beaten to death in Rajkot
- After VVPATs were seized from Vijayapura, B.S Yeddyurappa moves poll panel, seeks probe into the matter
- SC rejects Hindu Mahasabha’s petition, plea challenged Cong-JDS alliance, plea called pact ‘unconstitutional’
- Cricketer Jadeja’s wife allegedly thrashed, cop attacks Rivaba Jadeja in Jamnagar, assaulted after collision of vehicles
- The southern states parties barring Tamil Nadu’s AIADMK and chief minister K Palaniswami will also be in attendance
Miscreants break open temple hundi, escape with collection
Covai Post Network
September 30, 2016
Taking advantage of the continuous rains, miscreants broke open the hundi of Sri Karpaga Vinayagar temple at Motilal Nehru Street in Kumbakonam early this morning and escaped with the collection.
The temple priest, Sridhar, left the temple locked last night after performing the poojas.
The owner of a tea shop near the temple, who came to open his shop this morning, found the hundi broken. On being informed, the trustee, Sairam Kumar, rushed to the temple.
Based on his complaint, the Kumbakonam West police have registered a case. A team of police officials inspected the scene of crime earlier.