18 Mar 2018, Edition - 978, Sunday
- The Congress and other political parties have been alleging that EVMs tampered during polls and demanding reintroduction of the ballot paper system of voting.
- J&K Minister Altaf Bukhari sings praises for Separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani | Bukhari: Geelani is a very big leader and my stature is too small
- Pro-Khalistan terrorist convicted of killing former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh does not regreat his action, says his lawyer.
- MS Dhoni all praise for Nepal after it was granted ODI status by the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Mohammed Shami issues clarification on wife’s ‘rape’ allegations
- According to reports, a Bangladesh player broke the glass while celebrating the team’s win over Sri Lanka in the T20I Nidahas Trophy tri-series.
- 43-year-old Tara had earlier confessed to his involvement in the assassination of Beant Singh in 1995.
- Delhi: NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau) busts big drug racket.
- 3 Bangladeshi nationals held in Pune | Arrested nationals said to have terror links | Accused have links with Al Qaeda affiliate | ATS to probe their terror links
- Modi and his associates allegedly defrauded Punjab National Bank of around Rs 13,000 crore through fraudulent LOUs of PNB
More greenery along Madukkarai stretch
Covai Post Network
September 19, 2016
City-based NGO Pasumai Desam today launched a green drive by planting saplings along the Madukkarai stretch. Corporation Commissioner Dr. Vijay Karthikeyan inaugurated the drive by planting a sapling.
According to Pasumai Desam founder S. Rajendar, the NGO would plant 500 saplings that would be nurtured by school and college students and residents of Madukkarai.”Ten varieties of trees will be planted along with tree guards. The saplings will be planted in five batches,” he added.
The NGO was working with corporation schools in the city to set up a garden in the school campus. “Volunteers will train students and teachers to set up a garden where common vegetables will be grown organically and these vegetables will be used to prepare mid-day meals in schools,” Rajendar added.