23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
More greenery along Madukkarai stretch
Covai Post Network
September 19, 2016
City-based NGO Pasumai Desam today launched a green drive by planting saplings along the Madukkarai stretch. Corporation Commissioner Dr. Vijay Karthikeyan inaugurated the drive by planting a sapling.
According to Pasumai Desam founder S. Rajendar, the NGO would plant 500 saplings that would be nurtured by school and college students and residents of Madukkarai.”Ten varieties of trees will be planted along with tree guards. The saplings will be planted in five batches,” he added.
The NGO was working with corporation schools in the city to set up a garden in the school campus. “Volunteers will train students and teachers to set up a garden where common vegetables will be grown organically and these vegetables will be used to prepare mid-day meals in schools,” Rajendar added.