17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
More greenery along Madukkarai stretch
Covai Post Network
September 19, 2016
City-based NGO Pasumai Desam today launched a green drive by planting saplings along the Madukkarai stretch. Corporation Commissioner Dr. Vijay Karthikeyan inaugurated the drive by planting a sapling.
According to Pasumai Desam founder S. Rajendar, the NGO would plant 500 saplings that would be nurtured by school and college students and residents of Madukkarai.”Ten varieties of trees will be planted along with tree guards. The saplings will be planted in five batches,” he added.
The NGO was working with corporation schools in the city to set up a garden in the school campus. “Volunteers will train students and teachers to set up a garden where common vegetables will be grown organically and these vegetables will be used to prepare mid-day meals in schools,” Rajendar added.