17 Aug 2018, Edition - 1130, Friday
- PM Modi and BJP Chief Amit Shah walk alongside the hearse carrying the mortal remains of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains being taken from BJP headquarters to the Smriti Sthal
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s funeral will take place at Rashtriya Smriti Sthal at 4 pm
- PM Modi will visit Kerala to review the flood situation in the state today
- Kerala floods have taken 97 lives so far, 26 deaths reported on Thursday alone
- A delegation from Islamabad will attend the funeral of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal was more than a colleague, he was my closest friend for 65 years: LK Advani
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan chairs meet with navy and air force over flood situation
- Between 5,700 and 10,000 Catholic priests have been accused of sexual abuse in the United States
- People flock on the streets as former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s mortal remains are being taken to BJP HQ
Mother seeks action against youth for rape bid on daughter
Covai Post Network
March 8, 2018
Coimbatore : A middle-aged woman today approached the City Police Commissioner to take action against a youth who attempted to sexually assault her teenage daughter two days ago in their house.
In a petition to Commissioner K Periahiah, Kanchan Devi claimed the youth, Ramesh, had entered the house two days ago and attempted to sexually assault her 17-year old daughter, who was alone in the house at Puliyakulam in the city.
Hearing her screams, neighbours rushed to the house and rescued the daughter, even as Ramesh managed to escape, police said.Despite lodging a complaint with the nearby police station, no action was taken against Ramesh, Kanchan Devi said and requested the Commissioner to look into the issue and take action against the youth.