23 Oct 2018, Edition - 1197, Tuesday
- PMO summons CBI Chief and Special Director
- Asthana, who is number two in the CBI’s hierarchy, has been booked in a bribery case by the agency in Moin Qureshi graft probe
- Supreme court will take the decision on the hearing of 19 review Petition in Sabarimala case tomorrow
- PIL has been submitted for CBI inquiry in Amritsar incident, approval awaited
- Earthquake of magnitude 3.0 hit Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur at 9:11 am today
- My government fixing one family’s mistakes, giving credit to leaders like Bose: PM Modi
- CBI chief trying to frame me, special director Rakesh Asthana wrote to CVC
- Government plans exam to recruit 6,000 judges for lower courts
- Petrol pump owners are on a 24-hour strike in New Delhi
Mother seeks action against youth for rape bid on daughter
Covai Post Network
March 8, 2018
Coimbatore : A middle-aged woman today approached the City Police Commissioner to take action against a youth who attempted to sexually assault her teenage daughter two days ago in their house.
In a petition to Commissioner K Periahiah, Kanchan Devi claimed the youth, Ramesh, had entered the house two days ago and attempted to sexually assault her 17-year old daughter, who was alone in the house at Puliyakulam in the city.
Hearing her screams, neighbours rushed to the house and rescued the daughter, even as Ramesh managed to escape, police said.Despite lodging a complaint with the nearby police station, no action was taken against Ramesh, Kanchan Devi said and requested the Commissioner to look into the issue and take action against the youth.