23 Mar 2018, Edition - 983, Friday
- JNU protests turn ugly after police use water cannons to stop protesters
- RS results starts pouring in, Kumar Ketkar wins from Maharashtra
- RS polls UPDATE: Anil Baluni wins from Uttarakhand, Saroj Pandey wins from Chattisgarh. Counting resumes in Karnataka
- Australia has abolished the subclass 457 visa category popular among skilled overseas workers
- Amid Parliament ruckus, Anna Hazare returns to the National Capital and begins indefinite hunger strike today.
- In a major setback for the SP-BSP alliance, 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- 3 independent MLAs pledge support to BJP in Uttar Pradesh Rajya Sabha elections
- Patna: Denied stretcher, father carries the sick child in arms while kin hold the oxygen cylinder
- Thane CDR Case: Police to move SC to challenge the Bombay HC order of Rizwan Siddiqui’s release
- Opposition MLAs create ruckus after 20 AAP MLAs were allowed to sit inside the Delhi Assembly by the Speaker
MRC wins Dakshina Bharat Area Cross country championship trophy
Covai Post Network
March 14, 2018
COIMBATORE: Madras Regimental Centre at Wellington won the Dakshin Bharat Areas Cross Country Championship 2018 on Thursday.
Nine teams, each comprising six runners, falling under HQ Dakshina Bharat Area competed for the coveted trophy for the 10 km Cross Country Run around MRC.
Naik Subedar G Laxmanan clocked 31.56 minutes, followed by Havildar B Srinu of MEG, Bengaluru and Sepoy Lingaraj of MRC clocked 32:48 minutes and 32.56 minutes respectively to claim individual medals.
MRC team, which had won the prestigious championship on last seven occasions, bagged the trophy, with MEG coming second and ASC Centre third.
MRC Commandant Brig SK Sangwan gave away the prizes.
Wind : 0.6 km/h
Humidity : 91%
Weather Layer by www.BlogoVoyage.fr