June 23, 2017
COVAI POST IMPACT
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has issued inspection notice to four branches of Annapoorna restaurant here. This follows a complaint from an IT professional, who found a cockroach in the lunch served to him in the restaurant two days ago.
On Wednesday, Subash Sundaram, an IT professional, had ordered curd semiya for lunch at the RS branch of Annapoorna restaurant. When it was served to him, he was shocked to find a cockroach in it. When he confronted the person who served the lunch, the server immediately removed the plate from the table. However, Subash managed to click pictures of the curd semiya with the cockroach and posted it in the social media.
He immediately filed a complaint with the FSSAI.
Following this authorities, inspected 15 branches of the restaurant and served inspection notice to four of them.
According to Dr. O.L.S. Vijay, Designated Officer, Food Safety Department, four outlets have been given inspection notices. “These four outlets had certain issues that can be rectified. So we have issued notices.”
However he refused to give the names of the branches where the notice has been served.