15 Aug 2018, Edition - 1128, Wednesday
- Minister of State for Home unfurls the tricolour at Manali
- Twitter suspends far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones from its platform for one week
- 2016 National Teacher of the Year Jahana Hayes could be Connecticut’s first black Democrat in Congress
- J&K police files FIR against patriots for attempting to unfurl Tricolour
- Rifleman Aurangzeb to be honoured
- Major Aditya and rifleman Aurangzeb are likely to be honoured with the prestigious Shaurya Chakra gallantry award
- England cricketer Ben Stokes cleared of assault charges
- Major Aditya likely to get Shaurya Chakra
- Coal Scam Case: Naveen Jindal and others summoned by the court on 15th Nov
- Mega online heist by hackers in Pune, cyber attack on cosmos bank in Pune, hackers siphon off Rs 94 cr from bank
Padmavati release: Karni Sena to intensify agitation
Covai Post Network
November 17, 2017
Shri Rajputi Karni Sena on Friday vowed not to allow the screening of the Hindi film Padmavati and said that it would intensify its agitation across the country if the movie was released.
Appealing to both the Centre and State not to allow the release of the film on December 1, the Sena President, Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi, said the film depicted Queen Padmavati in a dishonourable manner.
“It is an insult to the culture of the community and legacy of Queen Padmavati,” he said and warned of serious agitation if the film was released.
Though a group of Sena workers wanted to take out a procession, it was later withdrawn, police said.