25 May 2018, Edition - 1046, Friday
- This will be the prime minister’s first official visit to Indonesia and his second official visit to Singapore
- The Sunanda Pushkar death case has been transferred to the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
- JUST IN: Sunanda Pushkar’s murder case adjourned to 28th May
- 3 days later, Tamil Nadu CM EPS surfaces, shocking: CM won’t condemn police firing, not a word for the Tuticorin victims
- Thirteen people were killed in the police firing in the two days of clashes
- Biennial elections to Maha Legislative Council results: BJP wins 2 seats, NCP 1
- Power supply of sterlite plant disconnected, T.N govt disconnects power supply, cut due to non compliance of rules
- Extortion threats to 12 U.P MLAs, demand: Pay up Rs 12 lakh each, Intel agencies begin probe
Padmavati release: Karni Sena to intensify agitation
Covai Post Network
November 17, 2017
Shri Rajputi Karni Sena on Friday vowed not to allow the screening of the Hindi film Padmavati and said that it would intensify its agitation across the country if the movie was released.
Appealing to both the Centre and State not to allow the release of the film on December 1, the Sena President, Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi, said the film depicted Queen Padmavati in a dishonourable manner.
“It is an insult to the culture of the community and legacy of Queen Padmavati,” he said and warned of serious agitation if the film was released.
Though a group of Sena workers wanted to take out a procession, it was later withdrawn, police said.