21 Mar 2018, Edition - 981, Wednesday
- J&K: 2 cops and 2 Army jawans martyred in Kupwara encounter; 4-5 terrorists still holed up
- Sensex closed 139.42 points or 0.42% higher at 33,136.18 after rising as much as 350 points during intraday high
- Both telcos are locked in a fierce battle for subscribers and need to invest in expanding their 4G network
- The ₹ 6 Lakh reward will be part of the revised ‘Rehabilitation Policy for Militants
- 15-year-old girl student commits suicide at her home on Tuesday by hanging herself from a ceiling fan
- Maharashtra: 5 men linked to ISIS terror outfit arrested by ATS; plot to target Bodhgaya foiled.
- DMK’s Stalin writes to CMs of 10 states, demanding fiscal autonomy for states
- Former Maharashtra CM Sushilkumar Shinde speaks on Congress’ U-turn on Lingayats
- Disruption in Lok Sabha leads to the house being adjourned for the day
- Ceasefire violations at an all-time high as Pak has violated ceasefire 600 times in nearly 2 months
Padmavati release: Karni Sena to intensify agitation
Covai Post Network
November 17, 2017
Shri Rajputi Karni Sena on Friday vowed not to allow the screening of the Hindi film Padmavati and said that it would intensify its agitation across the country if the movie was released.
Appealing to both the Centre and State not to allow the release of the film on December 1, the Sena President, Sukhdev Singh Gogamedi, said the film depicted Queen Padmavati in a dishonourable manner.
“It is an insult to the culture of the community and legacy of Queen Padmavati,” he said and warned of serious agitation if the film was released.
Though a group of Sena workers wanted to take out a procession, it was later withdrawn, police said.